Winter 2017

At first, Bill Hemphill believed he must have brushed up against poison ivy in his job as a project manager at a construction site. His left hand developed a painful rash that ran up his forearm, halfway to his elbow.

“I treated it for poison ivy for about ten days and then the pain got really bad. I ended up being hospitalized for about a week and had IV antivirals pumped into me for several days,” he shares.

Bill’s rash wasn’t poison ivy. It was shingles, a blistering rash caused by the chicken pox virus.

Click Here to read the full article